Yes, you got it right! An Oversized Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow is a larger than the usual large pregnancy pillow. It naturally provides more support especially during the last few months of pregnancy.
Benefits of oversized body pillow
The body pillow can be used by anyone; not only pregnant women because of the following benefits it offers:
- The oversized body pillow ensures a good night’s sleep by providing support just where you need it and reducing aches and pains in the neck, hips, back, legs and knees. It keeps your spine straight to provide pain relief and full body support. You thus get up feeling refreshed and energetic for the day.
- Indigestion, acid reflux and heartburn are also common in pregnancy which can be alleviated by helping you sleep comfortably and in the right position.
- Spine misalignment can led to back pain which can be reduced with correct alignment of the spine and by supporting and relaxing muscles.
- The pillow also helps provide relief from headaches triggered by stress, strained neck muscles and cervical spine misalignment.
- As sciatica pain occurs when the sciatic nerve is damaged or pinched, placing a pillow in between the legs helps by properly aligning the lower spine, relieving the pinch and reducing and perhaps stopping the pain.
- A sprained, fractured or strained joint or bone can be painful. The body pillow helps by providing the right alignment when you sleep to reduce the pain and help in it’s recovery.
- Muscle cramps and spasms occur due to slow or restricted blood flow to the affected parts. A body pillow helps generate better blood flow and circulation to increase the flow of nutrients and oxygen to cramped muscles and carrying away all the accumulated toxins.
Using the body pillow
Unlike regular pillows, body pillows are naturally designed to contour your body and provide ultimate support. Turn the pillow head to make a ‘U’ shape so that your head and neck are comfortably positioned.
The midsection ideally supports the back or belly by placing one of the midsections to your back, and the other to your belly. Lastly, the pillow is long enough for its end parts to fit in between your legs to give you the required leg, hip and knee support.
The only minor drawback about Oversized Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow is that it’s more expensive than average pillows and naturally takes up more space. So there’s no reason for you to not buy the pillow!